If you haven' t heard of it before, Inktober is a month-long challenge to draw something in ink every day for the month of October--and share it online with the hashtag #inktober.
If you want to join in too, the challenge just started and it's absolutely not too late!
I think it's important to have goals for a challenge like this so here are mine:
- I enjoy sketching and want to do more of it,
- I want to practice my drawing skills,
- I want to stretch my capacity to generate ideas,
- I'd like to reinforce and build the habit of creating something every day,
- It's fun to connect with others who are doing the challenge too,
- Because it's only for 31 days—I know I can't sustain any every day activity for longer than that, but I think I can do it for 31 days.
The idea for Inktober was created by Jake Parker back in 2009, and now tens of thousands of people participate—of all backgrounds and skill levels. Jake summarizes the project on his website in a nice video and he also has a list of daily prompts if you so choose to use them as well as the basic rules (which amounts to using some kind of ink in some way and sharing your daily exercises with the hashtag #inktober on social media.)
What you ink is up to you. You don't have to sketch to draw. Doodle, spatter, spray, add ink to watercolor or any other medium, create based on a theme and forget the prompts--make it your challenge!
if you join, don't forget to share each days' drawing on your favorite social media channel and include the hashtag #inktober AND tag me @denise.createfulstudio on Instagram or Facebook so I can see your work! I will be sharing on Instagram so you can see what I do there...